Who Are We? We are one of the largest electronics representative firms in the nation in terms of people and sales.
R.O. Whitesell & Associates is a long-term member in good standing of the , (ERA), the international trade organization comprised of qualified, professional manufacturers' representative firms. ERA acts as the worldwide conduit across the electronics industry for manufacturers seeking professional field sales firms to sell their products. ERA also serves as a resource for electronics and high technology industries. Among the eight classifications of the ERA marketing groups, R. O. Whitesell & Associates is a member of the components marketing group. As a member of the ERA, we support the educational and communication efforts of the organization which keep our company abreast of technology advances in the electronics marketplace, as well as the latest in marketing and sales techniques, which directly benefit our principals and customers.
R.O. Whitesell & Associates is a member in good standing of the , (MANA). We adhere to the Code of Ethics of the organization and strive to create professional, effective business partnerships that serve worldwide markets in the most cost-effective manner.
We are proud that all of our company managers have earned the coveted CPMR designation. When you see these initials after the name of a manufacturers' representative, you know you're in good hands. The CPMR designation of the Manufacturers' Representatives Educational Research Foundation stands for Certified Professional Manufacturers' Representative, and can only be used by graduates of the Institute for Professional Advancement's certification program. A CPMR has successfully completed a three-year course. This includes on-campus university residency covering all the financial, legal, long range planning, succession and management issues inherent in operating a state-of-the-art professional multiple-line field sales organization.
We subscribe to the CPMR code of ethics as stated below:
- Maintain the highest standard of personal conduct.
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within their industries.
- Maintain loyalty to their employer organizations and pursue their organizations’ objectives in ways that are consistent with industry interests.
- Recognize and discharge their responsibility and that of their respective industries to uphold all laws and regulations relating to CPMR policies and activities.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of their industries.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all activities.
- Accept no personal compensation for related services or activities except with the knowledge and consent of their company management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information entrusted to them or known to them by virtue of their position.
- Refuse to engage in, or countenance, activities for personal gain at the expense of their respective companies or industries.
- Always communicate internal and external statements truthfully and accurately.
- Cooperate in every reasonable and proper way with industry colleagues and work with them in the advancement of the selling profession.
- Use every opportunity to improve public understanding of Manufacturers’ Representatives and their positive impact upon their industries.